Rendition of new library

Rendition of new library
The New Point Roberts Library Out of the Old Julius Firehall

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kids and Colors

This summer at the library, Rose organized a coloring contest in which anyone who wanted to could provide a color version of the black and white version of the proposed new Julius Firehall Library.  Here's what we got (and I say "we" because my 16 y/o granddaughter and I both took on the challenge along with a host of much younger children).  Rose held out a prize and the winners have now been chosen and the prizes awarded.

I did not win nor did my granddaughter, but I think the winners were chosen from that other age group.  I can only hope that the architect and contractor will be informed in their final decisions by these excellent imaginings.  We could use a little bold color in this townlet, I think.





The winners, all summer residents, are Katie Poirier, Saffron Burberry, Sophie Morson, and Emily Ramsay.  With their family's permission, their drawings will be featured on notecards that will be used to raise funds for the new Library.

Much thanks to all four and to all the other kids who joined in with this project!




No comments:

Post a Comment