Rendition of new library

Rendition of new library
The New Point Roberts Library Out of the Old Julius Firehall

Monday, December 17, 2012

People Amaze Me

A guy posted on Point Interface a week or so ago looking for old license plates.  As it happened, we had just changed out a pair of license plates on one of our cars so we contacted him and he just came by today to pick them up.  I asked him what he was going to use them for and he described his work.  His name is Phillip Josephs and he sells the work at Kitty's.  And here's what it looks like:




So, we talked a little about it and he noticed a library fundraising sign on my front door and asked me if I was involved in raising money for the library.  I said yes, and then he said, "Are you Judy?"  And yes, I say.  And he says, "Oh, I've read about the fundraising for the new library on the net.  And you are doing pretty well?"  And we talk a little about how well the project is coming and how very much support the community is providing such that we are able to count well over $100,000 in actual money + pledges for 2013.

"Let me know if you are doing a silent auction, sometime.  I'll be happy to give you one of these signs I make."  Yes! says I.  Thank you! says I.  I so appreciate the support the new library is getting from all the friends and neighbors in all this almost 5 square miles.  It just amazes me how people step right up when they have the opportunity to do so.

--Judy Ross for The Friends of the Point Roberts Library


No comments:

Post a Comment