Rendition of new library

Rendition of new library
The New Point Roberts Library Out of the Old Julius Firehall

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Dreams Can Come True. . .

Today I had lunch with a friend on the back deck at Brewsters. The shade was a bit cool, the sun was a bit warm - Autumn is in the air. I have this day dream about sitting on the back deck of the new library in the last sunny days of summer, with a new book and a latte. Libraries aren't what they used to be when I was a kid. Now they are a place to gather, to listen to speakers, to sit in a comfortable chair with a book or an iPod and enjoy a relatively quiet space. The new space will have room for all of these things. I am so looking forward to my day dream becoming a reality and I have made my donation to hurry the process along. Have you made your donation or pledge yet? It is going to take the whole community to build this library. Please take time to write your check today.  Thank you and happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment